Monday, June 28, 2010

The Motorcycle Saga Continues

Today I finally got my motorcycle endorsement for my Louisiana drivers license. You wouldn't believe how much easier it is to get it done here than in North Carolina. It's almost as if North Carolina tries to discourage people from riding with all the garbage they make you present. And the inner cynic in me makes me think that the counties in the greater Camp Lejeune area try to make it especially hard for Marines to get bike licenses. They wanted me to present an original birth certificate, original social security card, proof of residence, proof of motorcycle insurance, and take an eye test, road sign test, written test, and road test. Normally if you have a certificate of completion from any Motorcycle Safety Foundation course, you're exempt from the road test. But for some reason, every county surrounding Camp Lejeune doesn't accept certificates from their Basic Riders Course (which is MSF-sponsored).

When I went to the DMV in Baton Rouge today, though, all I had to present was the course completion certificate, take an eye test, and take a 25-question written test on basic riding knowledge and road signs. And bam, I now have the endorsement on my drivers license. I hate you, North Carolina DMV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home