Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happenings

I'm on leave right now, hence the infrequent updates. This past weekend I had the pleasure of seeing two of my good friends get married in Erie, PA. And starting tomorrow, the rest of my leave will be spent at home in Louisiana, with a beach trip to Florida thrown in there.

While I'm home, I also plan on speaking in person with an academic counselor at LSU. Hopefully they can answer a few of the thousand questions I have before I start school again in January.

Other good things that have happened in the past couple of days:

- One of the only rappers whose music I like, Eminem, released Recovery. This album is infinitely better than Relapse, his previous album, which was nothing short of an abomination.

- I downloaded the iPhone 4.0 software, but apart from things moving quicker and me being able to set a wallpaper on the home page, I can't really tell what else was done.

- A federal judge in New Orleans halted the Obama Administration's terrible, terrible order to halting all deepwater offshore drilling as a response to the British Petroleum oil spill. This six-month moratorium would have been catastrophic to Louisiana industry. Oil companies aren't just going to sit around and lose money while they wait six months to be able to start drilling again. They'd pack up and go elsewhere, and given this administration's open hostility to the private sector, I wonder if that was part of the purpose of this moratorium. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said he's going to issue a new moratorium order in the coming days, but if it's been stopped once it can be stopped again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home