Monday, April 13, 2009

I may have found a new hobby.


I went skydiving this weekend, and it was a rush I've never felt anywhere else, ever. The only time I was nervous was the higher we climbed in the plane. I knew we were climbing to 13,000 feet, but I had no concept of how high that was. I thought maybe we were getting close at one point, then looked at my altimeter and saw that we were only at 3,000 feet.

As soon as the door was open and I stepped outside, I was perfectly fine. I rolled out the door, free falled (free fell?) for almost a minute, then deployed the canopy and drifted for a few more minutes before landing at the airfield.

I had an instructor strapped to my back and it was still incredible, so imagine how great it is going alone. I'm perfectly willing to spend hundreds more to get certified to jump solo.
I'm going back as soon as I can. Possibly this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home