Thursday, January 08, 2009

Urban Renewal

So I'm sitting here, watching the college football national championship, and I'm torn. I want Oklahoma to lose because I don't like Bob Stoops' attitude or face. And I want to see them lose their third national championship in five years. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. But I also want Florida to lose because I don't want a bunch of potential recruits from the South seeing Florida win another national championship after LSU had a disappointing season. It's pretty sweet for Florida, though, having the game in Miami. It's like when LSU plays in the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. Just another home game.

Also, these FOX announcers kinda seem like the JV squad. But I'll take them any day over what ABC or CBS would've provided. I'd rather hear Bill O'Reilly and Lil Wayne call a football game than the Musburger/Herbstreit or Lundquist/Danielson combos. I can only take so much of the ABC crew taking part in the media's idolotrous worship of USC/Pete Carroll, and CBS's Gary Danielson coming inches away from offering Tim Tebow sexual favors on the air.

Speaking of irritating people, I wanted to throw something at the TV when that woman sang the national anthem. She was a gospel singer or something, and she did that thing that I despise where singers try to see how many scales they can go through while singing the last note of the song. Hey lady, just sing the song the way you know it's supposed to be sung. Yes, you're an artist, but some things are bigger than you. It's about the meaning of the song, not about how many octaves you can range.

Oklahoma just tied the game 7-7. You're putting me in a real tight spot here, Stoops.

UPDATE: 24-14 Florida, final

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home