I'm still uncertain as to how I made it home alive.
Is it possible to get angry at the weather? It must be, because this is the first time I've been genuinely angry at weather. I don't care that it's been raining literally since I woke up this morning (or that every time I wash my car, it rains the next day), but holy crap, I am very surprised I didn't die on the way home from work tonight. It was raining so hard, and there were so many d-bags with their brights on, and there was some kind of fog or steam coming up from the road, that I could not even see the lines on the road. The times I did see a line or hash mark was when I discovered that I was straddling it. People usually turn off their brains when it rains (rhyme!), but today I found myself going 5 and 10 mph under the speed limit. I was scared to even blink because every 10 seconds I was hydroplaning.

GAY
But on a less complainy note, today I was promoted to sergeant. And I was informed that I'm the new company colors sergeant. That means I lead the colorguard in ceremonies, most notably the birthday ball coming up in two weeks. Time to cram on drill and colorguard manual. But another great thing is that since there is so much practice going on, I got out of the night portion of the machine gun range tomorrow. So my plans for election night are back on!
GAY
Labels: My Beloved Corps, Pictures, Weather
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home