Did you suddenly forget that you were pulling a trailer?
I'm in Baton Rouge for the Thanksgiving holiday, and last night I went to see my high school football team play our long-time rival in the state quarterfinal playoffs. We lost 7-0 in a boring defensive game that was riddled with an insane amount of penalties, but I saw some people I hadn't seen in a long time. The only ones I cared about talking to were former teachers, interestingly enough. I saw a few people I actually went to high school with, and... this article from The Onion about sums it up.
Also, as me and my dad were going to the game, wondering why so many people were going 10 miles under the speed limit in the left lane when people were trying to get past them, we saw one of those people cause a wreck. A pickup truck pulling a trailer loaded with something (probably bricks, but possibly babies) took a left turn directly in front of an oncoming truck. Screeching tires, the thud of the truck slamming into the trailer, the clatter of bricks (or babies?) scattering into the road. We would've stopped, but we were already well past. And plus, we had a football game to get to. Priorities, people.
I think this story calls for a haiku:
En route to the game
Stupid moron caused a wreck
Bush lied, babies died
Also, as me and my dad were going to the game, wondering why so many people were going 10 miles under the speed limit in the left lane when people were trying to get past them, we saw one of those people cause a wreck. A pickup truck pulling a trailer loaded with something (probably bricks, but possibly babies) took a left turn directly in front of an oncoming truck. Screeching tires, the thud of the truck slamming into the trailer, the clatter of bricks (or babies?) scattering into the road. We would've stopped, but we were already well past. And plus, we had a football game to get to. Priorities, people.
I think this story calls for a haiku:
En route to the game
Stupid moron caused a wreck
Bush lied, babies died
Labels: Haikus, Holidays, Poetry, Stupid People
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home