The Big Picture
I think I've made it plain that I like pictures, and I found a website from the Boston Globe called The Big Picture. It shows large, clear photographs from the scenes of current events. There's an album there of the Korengal Valley of Afghanistan. I'll admit, I have a hard time looking at pictures from Operation Enduring Freedom, because I become green with jealous rage seeing these guys fighting the good fight in Afghanistan while I'm at Lejeune getting double-teamed by office work and Training of Questionable Necessity. Here's one of my favorites:

A monkey rides on the back of a U.S. Army soldier October 23, 2008 at combat outpost Dallas in the Kunar Province of eastern Afghanistan. The monkey went along as a temporary mascot with soldiers who were switching out with comrades who had been in the remote outpost for a week. (John Moore/Getty Images)
Labels: Pictures
2 Comments:
Its Tucker,
I cant help but notice that the caption says "U.S. Army soldier."
However, the patch on his left arm reads "_SAF" the letter not quite visible i would guess is U. . . and whats that spell?
-Airpower
ISAF... international security assistance force. Part of NATO.
pwned.
Post a Comment
<< Home