Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wait, I still have a blog?

Sorry it's been almost a month since the last post, but big things have been happening around here. To help you keep track, I've compiled the Big Three events into a nice list that you can print out and hang on your refrigerator.

1. I moved out of the barracks and into a house.

It's about a half-hour drive to Lejeune, but well worth it. Being here makes me feel like a real person who lives a normal life. I actually was doing yardwork the other day and enjoyed it. I almost felt guilty for all the times I used to make fun of my dad doing yardwork in his straw hat and gardening gloves.

2. I should be going to Afghanistan in a week.

But I'm not. My platoon commander called me into the office a few weeks ago to deliver the news that I had been put on a new team, and that this team was going to Afghanistan to support an infantry battalion at the end of the month. This, of course, was heralded by me as the greatest thing ever, because this is the place I've wanted to go to ever since I first enlisted. But, long story short, I was switched out with another guy. My opinions on the matter will be expressed later, if I feel like it.

3. I've been selected for promotion to sergeant next month.

More pay, bigger responsibilities, and many more career opportunities. Awesome.

PS - I'm creating a new label for this type of thing, where I don't update for a weeks. I anticipate this happening many more times. You've just witnessed history.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home