Gary and Matthew, sittin' in a tree
I was watching the end of the game tonight between Penn State and Ohio State, and it was a big deal partly because it marked the first time in 30 years that Penn State had beaten the Buckeyes in Columbus. And right when the game ended they showed a short slideshow with accompanying music of Joe Paterno's career at PSU, and it seriously looked like something they play when somebody dies.
I also watched Georgia beat LSU in Baton Rouge, and it was the second time this year I've heard Gary Danielson, color commentator for CBS, verbally fellate the quarterback of the team who's playing LSU. Two weeks ago, hearing how he talked about Florida's Tim Tebow, I just knew he was seconds away from offering sexual favors. And this week, I sat stunned at the end of the game, listening to Verne Lundquist literally cackle with laughter while Danielson didn't even try to hide his glee that Georgia scored the victory-sealing touchdown. He was falling all over himself talking about quarterback Matthew Stafford and his parents who were there, and folks, it was just out of control. I can't explain it. It was something that had to be heard to be truly understood.
And I only recently started reading the official LSU football forum website, but I think the quote of the evening goes to user tigerdro's comment about Danielson:
I also watched Georgia beat LSU in Baton Rouge, and it was the second time this year I've heard Gary Danielson, color commentator for CBS, verbally fellate the quarterback of the team who's playing LSU. Two weeks ago, hearing how he talked about Florida's Tim Tebow, I just knew he was seconds away from offering sexual favors. And this week, I sat stunned at the end of the game, listening to Verne Lundquist literally cackle with laughter while Danielson didn't even try to hide his glee that Georgia scored the victory-sealing touchdown. He was falling all over himself talking about quarterback Matthew Stafford and his parents who were there, and folks, it was just out of control. I can't explain it. It was something that had to be heard to be truly understood.
And I only recently started reading the official LSU football forum website, but I think the quote of the evening goes to user tigerdro's comment about Danielson:
i'm not sure how he was able to predict plays and do all that color and analyzing with matthew stafford's BALLS IN HIS MOUTH!I know it's just a football game, but man, aren't announcers supposed to be impartial? If Gary Danielson wants to be a Bulldogs cheerleader, he should do it on one of the local radio stations in Georgia.
Labels: College Football
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home